Osprey is pleased to announce that we have achieved accreditation to the Joint Supply Chain Accreditation Register (JOSCAR) Stage 2. This enables us to further extend and develop our relationships with key manufactures in Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space.
JOSCAR was created by ADS to help suppliers demonstrate that they are “fit for business”, not only in the defence, aerospace, security and space sectors but also other sectors they may be operating in.
It is a cross-sector collaborative solution which will reduce the time, cost, resources and duplication currently needed to provide information to major customers. Holding common supplier data in a central system allows the information to be accessed by all participating buying organisations.
Benefits to Buyers
- Demonstrates to clients and other stakeholders that we are “fit for business”
- JOSCAR provides immediate access to a single source of accurate, comprehensive and high quality data
- Reduces time and cost associated with pre-qualification, assurance and ongoing compliance
- More effective identification and management of supply chain risks and brand reputation
- Facilitates increased supplier development and performance
- Enhanced management information reporting on key supplier measures
Benefits to Industry
- Improved overall standard, quality and performance of suppliers to the industry
- Encourages innovation and new suppliers, especially SMEs, to enter ADS markets
- Demonstrates internationally the efficacy of UK suppliers and supply chains
Over 2,500 suppliers have so far been invited to apply for JOSCAR accreditation by BAE Maritime Services, Babcock International, Selex ES and QinetiQ Ltd.