Reliability & Safety Analysis
Harmonious reliability and safety analysis provides a cost effective solution to the design of equipment or systems.
Reliability Analysis aims to estimate and manage the level of “system lifetime” engineering uncertainty and risk of failure. This is achieved by determining system reliability, availability and maintainability. Costs of failure caused by system downtime, cost of spares, repair equipment, personnel and cost of warranty claims can also be taken into consideration.
Safety and reliability are often confused but are very distinct. Reliability analysis identifies potential failure modes and considers how likely a system is to fail. Subsequently this information supports the safety analysis, which determines whether the identified failure modes and failure rates could cause harm and, if so, what can be done to reduce risk to an acceptable level and to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
We are experienced in Air Platforms, Air Traffic Management, Communications, Navigation and Surveillance systems, and can provide you with guidance and support in the following areas:
- Design for Reliability (Design Failure Analysis)
- Reliability Requirements Capture
- Fault Tolerance
- Basic Reliability and Mission Reliability
- Detectability and Common Cause failures
- Reliability Test Requirements
- Reliability Hazard Analyses
- Bow Tie Modelling, consisting of Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Human Factors Analysis
- MTBF/Failure Rates Analysis