OJEU Process Management
Most Airports in the UK with a Public Licence are subject to the European Union (EU) Utilities Contracts Regulations SI 2006/6 (SSI 2006/2 in Scotland). The Regulations require that procurement of “supplies” (which includes purchase/ hire, siting and installation of equipment) is competed and the potential contract opportunity must be advertised in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU).
The OJEU process is applicable where the value of the procurement exceeds a threshold of £345,028 (2014). Failure to correctly follow the procedure can result in significant project delay and potential financial penalties.
Osprey has successfully completed a large number of procurements under the OJEU process, including complex Surveillance and Communications systems. We can therefore provide highly informed support to guide you through the seemingly labyrinthine OJEU process. Some examples of the services we can provide are set out below:
- Procurement strategy and planning
- OJEU contract notices
- Requirement capture (user, system and operational requirements)
- System requirements
- Invitation To Tender/ Negotiate
- Bidders conference/ site visit co-ordination
- Tender assessment methodology (qualitative or quantitative)
- Tender assessment
- Clarification and negotiation
- Tender award notification/ standstill management
- Post tender debrief
- OJEU Contract Award Notice