Job Advert – Air Traffic Engineer
Our aim is quite simple: To continue developing an industry leading aviation consultancy. We are a specialist company that delivers a highly credible, informed and independent consultancy, operating primarily on aviation projects throughout the UK.
Osprey CSL (a tpgroup company) is recruiting an experienced and qualified air traffic engineer to join our growing Air Traffic Management Systems Team and provide support across our aviation projects, primarily those within the military domain. We provide independent and unbiased solutions to a wide range of clients within both the civil and military environments. Ideally, you will have proven experience in the maintenance and operation of the full range of communications, navigation and surveillance (CNS) equipment, their configuration and assurance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Osprey as an air traffic engineer, where you will use your knowledge and experience of military CNS to assist our MOD customer deliver and assure the Project MARSHALL assets into operational service. Osprey’s role, a long-term relationship with the MOD, is to provide independent acceptance and commissioning support, with technical input into the full suite of systems being implemented. The air traffic engineer will be part of a small busy team, providing proactive and robust oversight of the supplier’s activities to ensure best-practice Systems Engineering rigour is progressed. Although the role will predominately focus on Project MARSHALL, over time Osprey’s full and varied order book will provide the air traffic engineer exposure to a variety of engineering tasks within the civil and military aviation domains. Whilst supporting a wide range of projects, the air traffic engineer will find themselves providing quality advice and assurance to our UK and overseas customers, being guided and mentored along the way.
You’ll also be responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing test and commissioning oversight of the full range of CNS equipment delivered under Project MARSHALL;
- On-site representation at UK sites to monitor the test and commissioning process;
- Review and comment on test specifications and results;
- Providing technical advice, guidance and governance as part of a team;
- Ensuring project artefacts are delivered on time, to budget and to the highest standard;
- Identifying new opportunities for Osprey support within your area of operation.
We’d like you have proven experience/substantial knowledge of the following:
- Technical support and operational use of the full range of CNS assets employed, or being employed, by the MOD;
- Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Standards; Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) standards would be beneficial;
- Systems Engineering process;
- Safety Assurance process and methodologies;
- Project Management;
- Building sustainable relationships with clients to maintain business opportunities.
If you’d like to be a part of a growing business and want a chance at further progression, please get in touch. This is a new and exciting role, an opportunity to contribute to a team but also demonstrate individual skills and knowledge, that would suit an engineer looking to step into consultancy or progress their consultancy career.
Our financial benefits are only part of the attraction. In return for your skills, we will invest in you – a career with Osprey will provide you with opportunities to further develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills, and allow you to make your mark in the aviation sector. Along with competitive salaries, Osprey offers a great benefits package that includes private medical care, life insurance, a generous leave allowance and more. You can also expect a quick integration and real opportunities for growth and development.