Job Advert – Airports and Aviation Consultant
Our aim is quite simple: To continue developing an industry leading specialist aviation consultancy. We are a specialist technical company that has been developed with the purpose of developing a highly credible, informed, and independent consultancy, operating exclusively on aviation projects.
Osprey CSL (a tpgroup company) are recruiting an experienced airports and aviation consultant to provide consultancy services to the airport industry. We offer flexible working as well as use of any of our four offices based in Northallerton, Lincoln, Farnborough, or Bristol. The ideal candidate will have a background in military and/or civil aviation with knowledge of Airspace Change Proposals (ACP) in line with regulatory authorities.
Whilst supporting a wide range of projects, the airports and aviation consultant will find themselves delivering complex consultancy to government and non-government projects within the aviation field. We’d ideally like you to have proven experience within an aviation management role along with extensive knowledge of CAA guidance CAP1616. You’ll work closely our UK airport clients ensuring the CAP1616 process is rigorously adhered to while providing regulatory consultancy services.
You’ll be responsible for leading and managing projects for airports and ACPs within our team across a range of projects and supporting the development of this capability within Osprey. This is a fantastic role for an airport and airspace expert who can provide a vision of future needs to support the growth of this capability which will help shape the direction of the team as we continue to expand our civil aviation portfolio
Experience/Knowledge required for this role:
- Management and delivery of complex projects within civil aviation
- Direct experience in the application of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) guidance including Airspace Change Proposals (CAP1616)
- Experience of Helicopter Landing Areas (CAP437), implementation of Instrument Flight Procedures at non-instrument aerodromes (CAP1122), ATS Safety Requirements (CAP670 including SW01) and the development of safety cases (CAP760) would be advantageous
- Experience in the application of ICAO Annex 14, and the guidance of international aviation regulations would be useful
- Ability to communicate effectively whilst considering different perspectives for public enquiry support meetings
- Reviewing technical reports, and templates for use by multiple airspace change sponsors
- Providing quality advice and assurance to our civil aviation customers.
- Consult with key stakeholders to identify, refine and maintain the objectives, scope, and timelines of various airspace change activities, initiatives and projects
- Preparation of technical documentation, tailored analysis, and briefing materials.
Our financial benefits are only part of the attraction; In return for your skills, we will invest in you – a career with Osprey will provide you with opportunities to further develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills, and allow you to make your mark in the aviation sector. Along with competitive salaries, Osprey offers a great benefits package that includes private medical care, life insurance, income protection, a generous leave allowance and more. You can also expect a quick integration and real opportunities for growth and development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious person who’d like to impact a growing business by improving future technologies with positive change. If you’d like a chance at further progression within your role, please get in touch for more information about the opportunity available.