Osprey CSL (a Science Group company) is recruiting an experienced safety consultant to provide support across our air traffic management, aviation and space projects. Out team offers a range of independent and unbiased advice in safety, engineering and technical consultancy services to a wide breadth of sectors across civil and military domains. We are seeking safety consultants with a good understanding of the Air Traffic Management (ATM), space and wider markets to provide high quality safety management solutions.
Part of this role will be to support a wide variety of projects, offering the opportunity to work with our highly experienced team. We care about your career path and will encourage your progression whilst sustaining your development. As a safety consultant, you will be exposed to challenging and exciting technical projects.
You’ll support military and/or civil safety management projects, therefore a knowledge or understanding of MOD safety standards, legislation, and policies such as the Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Regulatory Publications (MRPs) would be ideal. Understanding the principles and use of systems safety principles, to developing safety assessments and reports would also be beneficial for this opportunity.
The safety consultant will support the management of innovative Product Safety projects across multiple product categories, you’ll interact with customers on a face to face and virtual basis. You’ll discuss project scope and management, technical issues, explain procedures and requirements and resolve technical issues. Excellent communication is an essential part of this role, both verbally and written.
Whilst Osprey provides training and focussed continued professional development (CPD), we would like the ideal candidate to have skills and experience in the following areas:
- A relevant degree level qualification and/or demonstrable experience, ideally within the ATM or aviation sectors.
- Good knowledge of safety methods and principles (ALARP, FTA/ETA, FMEA, SWIFT, CBA etc).
- Experience in project management/planning and delivery of safety engineering programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing safety assurance documentation, safety cases and appropriate ALARP arguments.
- Professional experience within Air Traffic Management domain or similarly technically challenging, complex regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Standards – e.g. Defence Standard 00-972; Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) standards, e.g. CAP670.
- Experience of working directly with clients, pragmatic with good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to support multiple projects in parallel.
- You will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level).
- Professional qualification or working towards professional qualification (e.g. Ieng/CEng).
If you would like to develop your safety management competencies and are excited by the opportunity to work on future technology and ATM programmes, we’d love to hear from you. We offer training and development to support you moving to the next steps within your career. You’ll benefit from working with an experienced team across a variety of projects.
Our financial benefits are only part of the attraction; in return for your skills we will invest in you – a career with Osprey will provide you with opportunities to further develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills, and allow you to make your mark in the aviation sector. Along with competitive salaries and promoting hybrid working, Osprey offers a great benefits package that includes private medical care, life insurance, income protection, a generous leave allowance and more. You can expect a quick integration and real opportunities for growth and development.
We believe in hybrid working and have the expectation that this role will be delivered through a combination of home and office based collaborative working.